After you’ve made your deposit payment for your cruise, we request that you access the cruise line website to provide the travel documentation that the cruise line requires, as well as securing your boarding pass. Each cruise line has different policies regarding how soon, prior to departure, you can reserve specialty dining reservations, book shore excursions, and make on board entertainment reservations. You will not be able to print your boarding pass until after final payment is made.
This will save you quite a bit of time at check-in when you arrive at the pier. You can also use this time to pre-arrange some of the many options that cruises offer, such as reservations at the specialty dining venues, spa appointments, and show tickets, just to name a few. It also helps you know that you’re prepared to show the appropriate travel documents at arrival to avoid any surprises at the pier.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR ONLINE CHECK-IN:
- Your cruise line confirmation number, ship, sail date – this will be on the invoice you received from our office (pdf attachment)
- The full legal name, date of birth for each traveler in your party
- Passport or appropriate travel documentation information for each traveler (Passport #, date of expiration, etc.)
- A credit card – this is used to pre-arrange your onboard account to which your gratuities and onboard purchases are charged.
- Travel plans before and after your cruise so the cruise line will know when you’re arriving and departing the origin and destination cities.
CLICK A CRUISE LINE BELOW TO BEGIN ONLINE CHECK-IN:
In many cases, when you click on the correct cruise line link for your booking, the cruise line will ask you to create an account. If you already have an account with that cruise line, you can enter the previous account information that you’ve already established.